Thursday, September 8, 2011

How to Get a Super Hero to Eat Their Oatmeal!

Want to know how to get a super hero to eat his/her oatmeal?  BAKE IT!  That's right...i have discovered baked oatmeal and its delicious!  The boys and Emily actually ate all their oatmeal and I did too!  I thought I would share the recipe I used...

Baked Oatmeal:
3 cups oats or quick oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I may have added more than this...just guessing!)
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 8 inch baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. (I made it up last night and refrigerated it so I just had to pop it in the oven!)

Try it for yourselves and let me know what you think!  I'm sure you won't be disappointed and your little super hero's won't be either!!!
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. When spilled on clothing, was it the same cement consistency as regular or easy to clean? It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I'm so excited that you have a blog! Now I can keep up with you even better! Love you, Les!

    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete